Friday 30 January 2015

Retail Therapy

I had been having a few down days lately, so I decided to go shopping at a department store in my town. A retail therapy, as you may say. Nothing like a few treats for yourself to brighten your day right? I usually don’t buy as many things as I did this time. However, I hadn’t gone shopping for quite a while, so I thought that’s fine to spoil yourself for once in a while.

First, I went to The Body Shop. I picked up their body butter, which is Honeymania Body Butter. It smells so wonderful, a great combination of sweet and floral scent. I hope it will hydrate my skin which is very dry lately.

Then I went to the makeup section. I was looking for Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in the shade of Romantic, but sadly they are out of stock. So I decided to try another lipstick by Revlon, which is Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in the shade of Enticing, a deep red which looks so gorgeous. Other thing I picked up was L’oreal  True Match foundation in N3 Nude Vanilla. I’ve read some good reviews about this product and I can’t wait to try it out! Last thing I picked up was Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Smoothing Cherry since I ran out of my Baby Lips lip balm. Now I think everyone knows how wonderful this product is and I’m telling you, I can’t live without it.

While browsing the beauty aisle, I came across Tammia brand. I’ve never actually tried anything made by this brand, but I think they look good enough and they also have a pretty decent price too. I picked up three things from there, which are a stippling brush, a puff blender and a nail file. The stippling brush is quite soft, but I haven’t used it yet so I don’t know if it could do its job well enough or not. I really like the puff blender’s shape. Not only that it’s cute and reminds me of marshmallow, it also has the smaller end for that hard-to-reach area and also the wider end that can be used for the wider area of your face. However, just like the stippling brush, I haven’t had the occasion to try it out yet. There is nothing special about the nail file, as it’s just your regular nail file that is used to shape your nails.

Last section that I went through was clothing. I bought two blouses that I thought would be perfect for when I go back to school in March as they are so cute, yet simple. I just have to pair them with my jeans and I would be good to go. The first one is a navy blue top with pointed flat collar. It has polka dots on it with two sizes, big ones and small ones. The second blouse that I bought is a white top with small hearts on it and ribbon collar. Who can say no to that? At least I can’t.

That was everything that I bought on my shopping trip. Hope you enjoyed reading it and have a nice weekend!

13 comments:

  1. lovely blog post had a great read :)

    love your blog :)

    new post –> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment

    My blogloving https://www.bloglovin.com/people/jadebevan-5833747 i follow everyone back who follows me :)

    have a nice day

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the L'oreal true match foundation too! It works really well! And I must say that using cream/liquid foundation with a beauty blender is the best way to go! :) and you're blouses are so cute! <3

    Lovely post :)

    www.nolifelifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried my beauty blender today, and I completely agree with you, it's absolutely amazing. I know that its not the real beauty blender, but it works well.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. This post is truly amazing, keep posting this kind of article.
    Banyo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tops are so cute. I also really like the makeup things you got. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the body shop & the revlon balms!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Body Shop is bomb. Nothing can beat them when it comes to skincare.
    Love from Sweden
    https://amandaisabel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete